new year. new blog.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013






|| Here we go || 
Blog world. Round 2. I always wondered what it would be like to make a "new blog" {i used to blog lots a few years back.} A couple of months ago, I went to login to the old blog and.... it no longer exists. {what the what?!} Cyber space deleted  ate my blog! Maybe it just knew that when I became a Mrs just 7 months ago, "kristinzanon.blogspot.com" simply wouldn't do anymore. I'm not gonna lie. It's a little melancholy. ALL of my former posts/pictures/odes to my best friends on their birthdays are simply...gone. Wah wah. 

So this is the new year! My sister kind of inspired me when she started her very own darling blog this year for the first time ever! 

Confession #1: I resisted re-entering the blog world for a LONG time. Partially due to the fact that - between getting engaged, getting married, getting mono, moving 3 times, enjoying a full/busy year a ministry with my new hubby, travelling to Israel, and {oh yeah} resting a little - I couldn't quite find the time to document it all, especially in 2012. Not only that, but I didn't quite feel like I could...{how do I say it?} keep up? Anyone know what I mean? The blog world has become increasingly...bloggy. Well. Awesome. Trendy. Amazefest. Beautiful. Inspiring. DIY and OOTD and all the other acronyms started pokin' at the perfectionist in me, not in a good way. Sometimes rather than feeling inspired, motivated, or amazed, the ugly parts of this heart felt competitive, jealous, insecure, covetous, and discouraged. Oo. Hate admitting that. {but between Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and other blogs, there's at least a 1% chance ONE other person has maybe felt that way ONE time. Maybe? Hard to say, really.} 

Confession #2: I can get really vain. materialistic. self-absorbed. obsessive-compulsive. really really quick. 

But i knew I needed to be doing something. I need to write. It's part of how I'm wired; I really deeply truly believe that, for ME, part of staying healthy, sane, and energized in my life is doing something the Lord made me for. I need to write, process, and document life. EVEN IF no one reads it. EVEN if it's just part of my walk with Jesus. But i do want to let others in on it. 

Confession #3: This is an attempt at not attempting perfection. This is an attempt to be honest. This is not a fashion blog {the Lord knows that I don't have the energy to look that fab every day; though I will for sure write about fashion at times}. This is not a food blog {the Lord also knows that cereal and yogurt are not picture/post worthy. Maybe someday when I actually cook "for real" enough days of the week, my meals will earn themselves a little place on here}. This is not an exercise blog {we're not even going to talk about that. Let's just say I was in AWESOME shape for my wedding in May, and I'll never have more pictures taken than I did on that day soooo let's just go with that}. However, I SO respect people with blogs like that! I just have to be okay with mine not being that "cool," at least not yet :] 

I just know that I want to encourage others, to be real, and to allow whoever comes across this to "breathe easy," for you to feel like you're having a conversation with a dear friend. 

I'll write more soon. But whatever pictures, adventures, thoughts, prayers I may post here... I want SO fiercely to always find and cherish ...

|| the heart of it ||. 

xoxo,
kristin 


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to have you back in the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    I know it's been years but Confession #1 for me- I read all of your blogs! Loved them! And will continue with this one :) I was so excited to see you back in the blogging world.

    Hope you're doing well and congrats on being married.

    Katie Seger (From FLI)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, this is SO good! Cheers to a blog being not too bloggy, just real and full of life:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by designer blogs