Favorite Things {Beauty Products}

Friday, January 18, 2013






1. MOX Botanicals Lip Butter {here}
//A lovely sample of this lip butter came in my Birchbox a few month ago, and I LOVE it. Smells super yummy and feels amahhhzing on my lips. Bonus: it's manufactured in Oregon!

2. Maybelline BB Cream {here}

// I use this as my foundation everyday. I really think it's contributed to the overall health of my skin. It's lightweight, healthy, and blends in easily. Plus, it's super cheap! 

3. MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick {here

//My all-time favorite red. The matte finish makes this stuff stay on like no other. Paired with a MAC Lip Pencil in "Cherry," it's THE winner. It's a little pricey, but you'll seriously never want to wear another red lipstick again. I don't. 

4. Kiehl's Creme de Corps {here}

// Decided to try this, I've heard so many good things about Kiehl's products. Major luxury for my skin. So far I love it. 

5. Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadow/Liner in "r.s.v.p" {here

// This is like a little pot of gold. It's a splurge, for sure, but I love the light color and use it alone or as a base for my eyeshadow every day. I bought it in June and I still have SO much of it left. Major love. 

6. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray {here

// My go-to styling product. Incredibly lightweight with just the right amount of hold for my hair. 

7. Trader Joe's Vitamin E Oil {here

// This became part of my "pre-wedding clear skin" regimen, and I still use it. After washing my face (only once a day), I lather on a dime-sized amount of this oil. Gives my skin the nutrients it needs, keeps it well moisturized, and doesn't clog my pores with chemicals found in many moisturizers.

8. Kevin Murphy Angel Wash & Angel Rinse {shampoo/conditioner) {here}

//MAJOR SPLURGE. But so worth it. My wonderful hair dresser/colorist got me hooked on this. The formula is incredibly concentrated, so you don't have to use so much each time you wash/condition, and it doesn't have sulfates & other additives that can tend to strip color from your hair. (Plus, you will WANT to make it last because of the price tag...this is NOT the shampoo you want to have to buy monthly...rather, every 3-4 months.) It's definitely something to plan/save up for because it IS spendy, but I'm not sure anything else has ever made my hair feels so healthy {and my hubby LOVED how soft my hair was; so that makes it worth it, right?} 

9. Neutrogena Original Formula Transparent Facial Bar {here}

// My daily face wash. Also part of the "pre-wedding" plan that I'm now hooked on. It makes my face feel tight when I wash it, but that Vitamin E Oil fixes that right away. Helps my combination skin stay balanced. And it's only like $2-$3! Yes please! [AND, I heard a rumor that this is the skincare plan Jennifer Aniston uses. Just saying.] 

10. Hot Tools Gold Tapered Curling Iron {here}

// My curling iron just broke out of the blue this week, so I decided to try THIS one. You could also call it a curling "wand." Amaze-fest. It can heat up to 450 degrees, and makes beautiful curls. I'm hooked. Hot Tools products are always super fab. 

11. Neutrogena MicroMist Airbrush Tan {here}

// The winter whiteness of my skin literally makes me sad sometimes. That's vain, I know. But there ya go. This "tan-in-a-can" provides a temporary reprieve for my paleness. It's easy to use and has several options to choose from depending on how dark you want to go. 



There's my list of what I've been loving lately! You can see that there are definitely some things I do enjoy splurging on, and other things that I really love buying from the drugstore! 


What about you? Are any of these favorites some of YOUR favorites, too? What would you add to the list? 


Happy weekend!


xoxo,


kristin 



6 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by your skin care routine and I'm searching for a new one for myself (that's still affordable). Are you saying you only wash your fce once daily or you apply vitamin e once daily? Do you moisture as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Hi! A friend of mine is a skincare/makeup expert and she told me to use the Neutrogena Facial Bar once a day, followed with the Vitamin E Oil! So the whole process is a once a day thing, because I guess it's possible to "overwash" your skin. It really IS a cheap skincare regimen! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do you wash in the morning or at night? (Did she have a recommendation?) and do you moisturize (lotion speaking) on top of that? I'm excited to try this, my face doesn't like the climate here!! PS loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, it just depends. If I shower in the morning I usually wash my face in the shower. But if there's a day I don't shower, sometimes I'll wash my face at night. I'm not super regimented about it, though. And I don't typically use another moisturizer, but I usually use a primer under my foundation/BB cream and that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ok! What primer? I like Mary Kay's primer but not the price...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii, I'm glad you're blogging again, even if its for my own selfish reasons of I like reading! I love this round up of products and I really want to know what your pre-wedding regimen was.. So, email me, Facebook me, txt msg me, smoke signal or something?

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by designer blogs